Friday, April 19, 2013

Mr. Almost Perfect Makes a Move... Or Several

It's official... Mr. Almost Perfect is trying to kill me. If the boy gets anymore affectionate around me, I swear I'm going to start puking rainbows. Somehow, the Gods conspired against me (or in my favor, depending on who you're rooting for) yet again today, and I ended up sitting next to him in the auditorium again today. Of course he's excited about the idea, but as usual, I'm determined to ignore him. HA! In hindsight I should've known it wouldn't work.

So first he starts playing with my fingers, and I just had to ask him what the hell he was doing. He, of course, responds that he's playing with my fingers like it's not a big deal. I mean, it's not but it still is, you know? After that, the sequence of events gets a little fuzzy, but here's what I know happened: we ended up holding hands (yes, fingers interlocked and yes it felt good... even if his hands are huge in comparison to mine), he very much enjoyed touching my leg (under the guise of wow, your pants are so soft!), and he kissed me on the cheek. The last one happened so randomly that I didn't know what to do. He just... kissed my cheek. Out of nowhere! I swear, I felt like I was on a movie date or something. There were a few more random kisses, but no actual kissing, obviously.

The best part was when he asked me if I missed him on Tuesday. Please remember that this is Thursday, and  that I did see him on Wednesday. Actually on Wednesday, he told me he'd missed me when I hugged him in the hall. I didn't say I missed him too, I just asked where he was. So it's funny to me that he would bring it up again today, like he really wanted an answer. I told him no, even though it was probably obvious that I did. I really didn't want to inflate his ego nor feed the flame by telling him I missed him. I'm his friend, not his girlfriend. I don;t have an obligation to miss him. That doesn't mean I didn't, but he doesn't have to know that bit. Besides, I made it seem like I was joking so I'm sure he knows that I missed him.

Also he called me his baby and with that, I quit my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment