Friday, April 19, 2013

Hashtag Prom Problems

It's that time of year again, only this time it's my turn. This year is my year. Senior year. This year I am going to Prom. Good lord does that sound nice. I'm going to Prom. I'm going to Prom. I'M GOING TO PROM.

As excited as I am, I'm really not. First of all, this thing is going to cost a small fortune and I have no idea where the hell all this money is going to come from (probably tax returns). I'm trying to keep my expenses as small as possible to ease the burden for my parents, but at the same time it's my Prom and I want to look nice. Not even nice--I want to look hot. In the words of Caroline Forbes, "I want to look hot. Like Princess Grace of Monaco hot." I'm very serious about that bit. I have the dress all picked out too--I'm going to go try it on next week (if it's still in the store). My issue is that my mom really doesn't want to buy my dress online but I have my heart set on this specific dress and I think I just might die if I don't have it.

There's also the fact that I'm currently dateless. I honestly don't see myself ending up with a date. I just don't think anyone is going to ask me. It kind of sucks seeing all these girls get asked with all these cute grand gestures. I don't even need a grand gesture honestly. I just want someone to ask. Who am I kidding, I want Mr. Almost Perfect to ask. Now, when I thought he had a girlfriend, that idea was a far off fantasy that I never really considered. Today, however, I found out that he doesn't have a girlfriend anymore. I don't know when they broke up but out of sight out of mind. Not only am I relieved that I'm not some kind of homewrecker because I let him call me his baby and all that craziness, but the possibility of him asking me to Prom is now there. HE COULD ASK ME TO PROM. Or he couldn't. He's probably not even interested in me that way. He could just be a total manwhore. But he's so sweet!

But back to Prom--I wouldn't mind going dateless, I just don't want to be the only one out of all my friends to be dateless, you know what I mean? My best friend already has a date and I am so sure that my other friend is going to get asked. They're going to eventually be off with their dates and then there's gonna be me. All I want is one slow dance--and to dance with Mr. Almost Perfect for that song. With my luck, of course, I'll end up sitting in a corner alone during the slow dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment